25 Things you dint know about me.


1. As a kid I was crazy about a Japanese kids program called “Johnny sokko and the flying robot”. I desperately wanted a robot then, and because I couldn’t get one. I made one. I enjoyed my robot more than the one on TV. When we changed houses I buried him under my favorite mango tree.

2. I love making toys. My children are in for a rude surprise if they want to go the Barbie or the GI Joe way.

3. I was left handed when I was born. I was made to change. I hate that about me. I can write with both hands, I can write reverse too. That’s my way of getting back.

4. The most favorite of compliments I have received is from a dear friend who called me a little bit magic.

5. My father is the most talented, inventive, creative, solid, expressive yet enigmatic human being I have ever met. I hate him and love him in equal measure. He is my role model.

6. My favorite gift was a small plastic scooter I got from my dad. It fitted in my palm and had two wheels at the back. Nothing I ever received in life measures up to the joy I felt that evening.

7. I am afraid of one single person in my entire life. She petrifies me. I have never been able to come to terms with it.

8. I was bitten by a spider once and nearly lost half my face. No! I do not shoot crime fighting cobwebs from my wrists.

9. I wish i were a poet, than someone dabbling in art. I am friendlier with words than I am with paint.

10. I like re arranging words until they create meaning. I do anagrams with peoples names, and “a bovine gulp of joy” describes one of my friends aptly.

11. I swear all my dreams are in color. Despite what some people may say at MIT.

12. All my friends unknown to them are put under “behavioral templates” I created, In my head I have 12 good working types - I work with them learning and profiling them everyday. I haven’t yet put someone in a template they dint belong to. I plan to write a book about it someday.

13. I cant help but look for a quirk in every person I meet. Be it a mannerism, an accent, a hobby or a superstition.

14. I have kept a promise I made to a friend of mine for 20 years now.

15. I forged my dad’s signature once. He never believed it wasn’t his.

16. I cannot handle a compliment well. I murmur and turn red.

17. I share six great secrets with different people I love and all of these I am forced to take to my grave.

18. I would love to have tried my hand at theatre, I haven’t yet. I secretly like to believe I would be good at it.

19. I lost two days in April 1998, a Friday and a Saturday. I do not know what happened on those two days. Don’t ask me about it and I wont lie.

20. I like foreign movies, especially Spanish ones and prefer watching it without the subtitles even if it means I will have to watch it a couple more times. Subtitles in a movie make me feel like a retard. While on it I like watching movies on mute too. The best movie to watch on mute is “paar” starring naseeruddin shah and shabana azmi.

21. I feel nauseated in places I sense disturbing activity. I am sensitive to it and walk away. You’ll never catch me trying the path beside Barton centre, that connects Church Street. I take an hour to recover if I do. Oh another place that creeps me out is standing next to the popcorn stall outside Rex cinema.

22. I have to have a glass of water beside my bed. I cannot sleep even if it is half empty.

23. My dog and I are connected mentally. He understand me unlike anyone I know.

24. My life constantly challenges me to see reason. I know I will end up a monk someday. Also it doesn’t help that I am in advertising.

25. Its been a long wait, but lately I sense and I know my time has come.



by Krishna Prasad Balakrishnan on Friday, 24 April 2009 at 19:29

Comments

Popular Posts