Destiny and my machete.

I went about chopping all the tall grass. It was the thick kind of grass that took two slashes to fall. It was a very exhausting process. The squelch under my feet dint help me feel any better. I had cut through the entire length of the field. In a straight line....and im sure from above, the line i had carved out was not even straight. I dropped the idea and my machete.
I felt relieved instantly.

A small ptarmigan made a noise like it was happy for me.
I parted the grass to see where it came from.
A little ahead..more grass.

I heard the ptarmigan again.
I ran madly through the grass. Blades of grass parried with my face arms and body.
In a circle i ran.

Ten minutes later.
I stopped.
In front of me lay the machete I had dropped.

A streak of blood like the line I had made in the field stretched from my index finger to the base of my palm.

I heard the ptarmigan again.

Very far away.

Comments

Popular Posts