THE OFFICE AND QUICKSAND


"I stepped in quicksand when I met you
now I'm goin' down slow
I stepped in quicksand, baby
now I'm goin' down real slow
up to my neck in trouble
every day there's more and more"


i dint write that....its apt however.

I'm sitting slouched at my computer because it takes far too much effort to sit straight. My feet are stretched out resting on the cpu sitting under my table on the floor. My mind wanders, and I realize I am paying more attention to watching the rim of my specs and the glaring monitor than I am to the blog iam writing. Everything on my pinup board is so irritatingly brown that my orange post-its startle me if I catch it out of the corner of my eye. I sit and focus on the stillness of my cubicle until it begins to feel almost surreal. I realize suddenly that I never bothered to clean up my fogged glasses. It adds to the dreamy effect. My new haircut is dumb. I drink my H2O. And let it move around in my mouth as i think of what to write. I'm conscious of my posture now, so I sit tall and run my hands through my hair.

Iam working. I think.

On nights like this I feel like I am the only person alive in the world.

rainchild.......i miss talking to her. She's waiting somewhere.

Comments

Popular Posts